Port settings for LPT

Post any questions about our parallel port products
GrahamS

Port settings for LPT

Post by GrahamS »

Hi,

Been trawling your forums looking for a solution to get my ADC-200 working on an old XP Laptop. All because my old development machine decided to die some days back when (I suspect) the office got too hot :-O.

I have a PCMCIA card inserted into an old Samsung X10 laptop - as all my other machines are now 64 bit OS :-(( - This card supports LPT1 and is supposedly a FULL spec card.

Your software (PicoScope version 5 latest) starts up and recognises the scope - as it reports 'can't find it' if unplugged).

It then crashes completely - freezing the system.

My suspicion is that there is an interrupt or port mismatch between my port settings and your code maybe ???.

Can anyone advise what port settings the PicoScope software is expecting please ???. Port Range and Interrupt I guess (recalled from my old DOS days ;-).

There has to be a way to make this work......

Many Thanks

Best Regards

Graham

GrahamS

Re: Port settings for LPT - FIXED

Post by GrahamS »

A ray of hope for users with no parallel port.....and an ADC-2000 (or others maybe ???).

Its working :-O. Using a brand new 32 bit install of XP SP3 with all updates applied. My laptop for this is an old Samsung X10 with Pentium M CPU :-O.

Now - I have to have the card plugged in when the PC is turned ON, then start PicoScope (V5) and it 'freezes'. Unplug the card and it unfreezes and the scope app starts up. Plug the card in and the scope app is now working.

Plug the card in AFTER booting and the PicoScope app complains that my scope is not plugged in.

NB This is using a low-cost eBay card :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251262574057? ... EBIDX%3AIT

8.90 GBP here in the UK.

The drivers which came with it might work, I don't know - as I found a later version here :

http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op= ... 130;74;111&

BUT - when I installed this version (using the supplied Setup.exe) - it first installed as LPT2. Then I rebooted, went into device manager and changed the Port Settings to 'Use any interrupt assigned to the port' and also changed it back to LPT1.

Reboot again just to be sure.....

Ran the PicoScope and it froze, until I unplugged and pushed the card in again - now its working :-O.

A small price to pay if I just have to unplug/plug the card on a reboot :-O.

Hope this might help someone else.......

Good Luck

Graham