Problem with temperature sensors

Post any questions about our parallel port products
agiancarli
User
User

Problem wiht temperature sensors

Post by agiancarli »

Hi Sarah,

I have a Drdaq datalogger connected to the parallel port of my laptop. I have two temperature sensors. When I start recording I just get a consant temperature of 68 degrees (F). from both sensors. If I grab a sensor in my fist, I expect to see the temperature increase.

Is this enough info.

Thanks for your help,
Anthony.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Anthony

Thank you for the extra information.

I would suggest trying the unit on another computer and seeing if this changes things. Also try swapping the sensors round and if possible try some other sensors.

Do all the other channels on the DrDAQ work?

Hope this helps

Best Regards

agiancarli
User
User

Problem with temperature Sensor

Post by agiancarli »

Hi Sarah,

I will try device on another computers. How sensative are the sensors? By the way, the reason I brought the device was so my son could do the global warming experiment. In the global warming experiment you have on the web site how did you get carbon Dioxide into the bottle?

Thanks for you help,
Anthony.

agiancarli
User
User

Problem with temperature sensor

Post by agiancarli »

Hi again,

To answer your question. The sound sensor seems to work fine. When I clap my hands near the device I see a spike on the graph. This worked on the original computer I was testing on.

Anthony.

agiancarli
User
User

Problem with temperature sensor

Post by agiancarli »

Hi Sarah,

I have another thought. I downloaded the latest software. I first uninstalled the original software I installed from the CD then I install the updated Picolog software. Next, I downloaded and installed the driver software. These were the files I download and installed.

webplw32_r5_11_08.exe (Picolog)
webdrdaq_r3_00.exe (Driver)

When I installed the driver, it ask to overwrite files, and I clicked Yes.

Anthony.

agiancarli
User
User

Problem with temperature sensers

Post by agiancarli »

Hi Sarah,

I tried the device on another PC with the same results. I have two temperature sensors. I tried both of them separately. I did get a little temperature variation, but it was eratic, reading 70.1 to 70.9 (F); not a large variation though.

Any ideas.

Anthony.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your posts, I am sorry to hear that none of this has helps.

It sounds like either the unit or the sensors are faulty. I would recommend contacting the distributer from whom you purchased them and ask for an exchange for a new DrDAQ and sensors.

I cannot immediately think of anything else that could be causing the problem.

If you wish to test the sensors further you could try putting them in ice water and also in boiling water to see what they register.

Hope this helps

Best Regards