Crash on start

Forum for discussing PicoLog
aarne

Re: Crash on start

Post by aarne »

I'm not an expert, but in my opinion, debugger PDE (or older ProcDumpExt) extension helps to read this dump (http://sdrv.ms/11C7S9c). Maybe? Is there a benefit from it, I don't know.
!PDE.dpx, !PDE.ghostthreads etc. (!PDE.help for help).

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi mojo,

I've taken a look at the dump files and it doesn't give a specific error code.

However, I can see that the plw32.exe is running from the expected location on your hard drive. I presume you are using the ADC-20/24 device?

Please try the following:

1. Uninstall the PicoLog software
2. Go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\ folder and delete the 'Pico Full' folder
3. Next go to the C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Pico Technology folder and delete all folders there (make a backup if required)
4. Re-install PicoLog

Regards,

mojo

Post by mojo »

Hi.

Thanks for looking at the crash dumps. I am using an ADC-20. I tried doing what you suggested and it worked the first time, as expected, but on re-launching the software again it crashed.

It must be something about the configuration files as deleting them fixes the problem. Why would the default config cause the application to crash?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi mojo,

Could you please e-mail the default config files to support@picotech.com and I can take a look at them.

Any information from the Windows Event Viewer would be helpful as well.

Please also indicate if the device is connected to a desktop PC or laptop? For the former, is it connected to the front or rear USB ports?

Regards,