Logging Minumum/Maximum values over long periods

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
sanger

Logging Minumum/Maximum values over long periods

Post by sanger »

I need to log the minimum and maximum values of a signal over a 24 hour period. I would like to sample at the highest possible rate but only record the minimum and maximum values for each 1 second interval.

I'm new to PicoScope so I'm not sure how to set this up.

Hitesh

Re: Logging Minumum/Maximum values over long periods

Post by Hitesh »

Hi sanger,

Which device are you using?

PicoScope 6 won't allow you to capture a signal over 24 hours.

Regards,

sanger

Post by sanger »

I'm using Picoscope 4424. Is there any way to at least record statistics over 24 hours. Min/Max etc.

sanger

Post by sanger »

What would happen if I selected the maximum Collection Time of 5000 s/div and maximum Number of Samples of 2 GS? That should give me ~14hrs per buffer with 2 buffers getting me ~28hrs.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi sanger,

You will only be able to collect up to ~14 hours of data (limited to a maximum of 100 million samples per channel).

If you require a longer period of data logging, you can use the Software Development Kit to create your own application to capture and log data. You can use aggregation to obtain only the minimum and maximum values for every block of consecutive samples.

The Software Development Kit is available on the supplied PicoScope installer CD (look for the PS4000SDK... folder) or alternatively you can download it from our Software Downloads page:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

I hope this helps.