Pico files needed with LabView

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
smitty1iac
User
User

Post by smitty1iac »

I am developing a LV executable that uses the 3204 scope. What files (minimum) are needed for operation with labview and WinXP and where should each file be placed under the WindowsXP file system? I will not be using the Picoscope software. My system:
Windows XP
1.2GHz
USB 2.0 ports
Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend installing the Picoscope software. Even though you are not planning to use it, you can use it to check that the scope is functioing correctly and you will also know that all the files are installed correctly.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your help. The computer I have uses a compact flash for the drive so even the small space that the Picoscope software uses is greatly needed. Also I am trying to check that the files are installed correctly so if you could tell me "What files (minimum) are needed for operation with labview and WinXP and where should each file be placed under the WindowsXP file system?" I will be forever in your debt.
Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

If installing the software is not an option then you will need the following:

The picopp.sys file which should reside in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

The pico.sys file which also resides in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

The picopp.inf file file which should reside in C:\WINDOWS\inf (this is usually a hidden folder).

The ps3000.dll driver which should be in the installation directory.

You will then also the .vi labview files.

If you download and install the PS3000 drivers pack from our website at:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

This will install all of the above files for you. It is not the same as the software downloads and I believe it is smaller. I would not recommend doing it any other way.

Hope this helps

Best Regards