PicoScope 2000 series Probe Park

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Joules

PicoScope 2000 series Probe Park

Post by Joules »

Hi Guy's,
had my new PicoScope a few days now and found my first snag. Nothing serious, its just I keep knocking the probes on my desk when not in use, or they get buried under my clutter !!! Since I just got loaned a 3D printer to do some R&D figured the first job would be somewhere to park my probes when not in use.

Knocked up a quick design and printed them out. In hindsight I should have made more separation between the two supports as the probes lift if the Pico is near the edge of my desk. Next time maybe 75mm carbon fibre tube, than 50mm.

Very happy with how this test print worked out, they are printed in PLA on a Rostock Max, the clips worked great as they just click into the fluting along the edge of the 2000. Keeps things tidy on the desk and stops me knocking them on the floor whilst being clumsy.

Last view, just glued it together with super glue, I tried to print the tubes in two halves as part of the frame but the print failed on 5mm columns at 20mm long so redesigned the model without them and used carbon tube instead.

Joules.

p.s
just shout if you want the STL files.

Kieran
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: PicoScope 2000 series Probe Park

Post by Kieran »

Hi Joules,

That is awesome!! I want one for my 2208A :D
Let me know where we can download the STL files.

The shape of the Probe park is reminiscent of an old wrought iron boot scraper don't you think? :wink:
Kieran
Pico Technical Support
Forum Moderator

Joules

Post by Joules »

OK Kieran,
the probe scraper it is, ideal for muddy field work.... :lol:

Joules

totalkrill

Post by totalkrill »

Nice! I would very much like the STL files. Was just thinking of doing the same thing but thought I should do a quick google search first. You would mind posting it to something like Thingiverse?

/K