mpfoster
User
User

enviromon power loss

Post by mpfoster »

Preview
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:00 am Post subject: envoromon and power loss
Hi
I have an enviromon temperature sensing starter system in a remote location which I have been downloading data from satisfactorily for some weeks now via telephone line and modem. There was a 24 hour power outage recently which I spotted when the modem didn't answer the call. When power returned I expected the previous 24 hours worth of data to be downloaded, it having been preserved by the battery backup in the EL005 however only data post the power restoration was downloaded leaving a 24 hr gap in the data. Is it likely that the data is still available in the memory and can it still be recovered before being overwritten. The present config stores 3 sensor temperatures at 1 min intervals, I usually download each evening.
I feel it ought to be possible to fool the system into forgetting that a download has happened so that it can be repeated.
There seems to be some discrepancy in the publications as to the backup time for the EL005 is it 72 hours or 48 or 24?
Thanks
Mike

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The length of time the internal battery will last in the EL005 will depend on a number of things. Firstly it depends on how many conveters and sensors you have connected. Obviously a bigger system will drain the battery quicker.

The reason you did not get readings for the time when the power was out is that the logger prioritises it's battery power to conserving the settings that are programmed into it. For this reason, it stops logging after a while and I think this is what happened in your case.

Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve the data as it has not been recorded in the first place.

Hope this helps

Best Regards