3206MSO Digital measurements, cursors

Having problems ? let us know the details here
SaturdayScience

3206MSO Digital measurements, cursors

Post by SaturdayScience »

Hi,

I'm enjoying the mixed scope and am testing code on PIC16F1825 using the MSO to pick up output pins. All is fine, I've got the trigger working well. OK it's utterly reliable but only asked to see one digital pin go high so not a complex task.

I'm not using the Scope (A or B). The "Measurements" menu is greyed out. I can move the cursors to get timing values - except there is no "measurement box". If I print preview then the measurement values appear. It is very disappointing that there are only two markers, with digital signals it would be reasonable to expect the user to want one or two per signal line. I'm not transmitting SPI or I2C but want to take timing measurements as to how long a signal is high and the time between different digital lines.

In addition I have renamed the digital pins but as you can see from the screen capture the graph chops off the signal name. I can't find a way to move the left hand end of the grid to show the names. I've also captures the trigger screen - and you can see the labels remain as D0 to D7 - the renaming is not carried through to the screen.

Thanks,

Saturday Science

With these matters I tried searching the manual and this forum but my search technique may need improvement :)
Attachments
MSO Digital only screen capture
MSO Digital only screen capture

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3206MSO Digital measurements, cursors

Post by Martyn »

I have verified this issue and have forwarded it to the development team for comment.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

blachanc

Post by blachanc »

As described in this thread:
http://www.picotech.com/support/topic11887.html

Please add my vote for the increased left margin,

Ben

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Have added your vote
Martyn

PatPat

Post by PatPat »

Hi recently bought 3203DMSO, I've similar feature request about cursors on Digital signals(might want to include other measurement paramaters such as ave, # of pulse, min/max, similar to other usb scope available out there.)

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for the suggestions, keep checking the Beta releases to see the latest additions to the software.
Martyn

blachanc

Post by blachanc »

blachanc wrote:As described in this thread:
http://www.picotech.com/support/topic11887.html

Please add my vote for the increased left margin,

Ben
Happy holiday season,

Is this still on the Radar Screen?

Thank you,
Ben

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We listen to all feedback, so i will add your vote for this :D
Martyn

jnevanko

Post by jnevanko »

What's the current plan on adding measurements to digital signals? I find it absolutely mind boggling that a device of this caliber does not have software that can measure frequency, period and/or duty cycle on a digital signal. I work on FPGAs. Please make the digital signals first class citizens! Thank you.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I have added your vote but have no update on when this will be included, probably in the next major release of the software.
Martyn

mike603

Post by mike603 »

Bump Bump Bump

I am using labels of more than 3 characters for the Logic Analyzer and an adjustable left margin would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This will not feature in the PicoScope 6 version of the software, please wait for the next major release.
Martyn

Spud

Post by Spud »

Hi, I hope it is ok to resurrect an old thread, my issue is directly related.
I communicated briefly with Andrew yesterday on the chat line but it will probably be better here on the forum as it might benefit others.
I recently bought a 2206B MSO in order to capture data from 8 digital inputs (not really interested in the analogue inputs for this job). Three of the signals are pwm, 3 more are just on off signals and two are hall sensor inputs with varying frequency square wave signals.
I first captured several files which went ok but when I went to analyse them I couldn't understand why the measurements option was not available until I found this thread. Shock. Not even the ruler option was available.
I have since found a work around to get the ruler to function. On some of my files I had the analog view switched off when I captured the file, if I switch on the analog view while reviewing the previously recorded file then the analog window appears with no channels (blank) but the ruler markers move in sync on both windows so it allows me to use the ruler function which is a big help. On the files which were recorded with the analog window switched on this does not work.
I still need to do a lot of measurements like frequency of the hall sensor signals etc. Andrew mentioned that it might be possible to move or import a channel in to the analog view, if I could even get one or two of them in that would be a great help.
Please let me know what is possible.
Jim.