Error 1097 in PicoScope6000Open.vi

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
m.asiatici

Error 1097 in PicoScope6000Open.vi

Post by m.asiatici »

Hello,

I'm trying to use a PicoScope 6403C with LabVIEW but every time I run one of the VIs provided in the SDK (ExampleBlock, for instance) I get the following errors:

- Error 1097 occurred at Call Library Function Node in PicoScope6000Open.vi->PicoScope6000ExampleBlock.vi, the first time I run the VI
- Error 5005 occurred at ps6000OpenUnit with PICO_OPEN_OPERATION_IN_PROGRESS as possible reason, each time I run again the VI

Closing LabVIEW at this point always result in a "LabVIEW 13.0.1 Development System has stopped working" windows popup.

I also tried to create a VI with nothing but a PS6000Open object and I get the same errors, so I really guess the problem is related to this function.

The oscilloscope is working and correctly connected since I can open it in PicoScope 6 as well as in the C# example program. I am using LabVIEW 2013 SP1 32-bit on a Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit machine.

What could be the problem? I copied PS6000.dll, ps6000Wrap.dll and PicoIpp.dll in LabVIEW 2013\resources and in the folder with the example VIs; I am a novice in LabVIEW so I'm almost sure I just forgot to do something.

Thank you.

Mikhail

m.asiatici

Re: Error 1097 in PicoScope6000Open.vi

Post by m.asiatici »

A small update: when I said that the C# console example worked I just meant that it could open the oscilloscope, but actually I couldn't see any sample.

I had a more in deep look at the code and I found out that the 6403C model was not correctly recognized since the GetDeviceInfo() function could handle only models ending with A, B or no letter. After a small modification to include the C case, the full C# example worked correctly, included the sample acquisition part.

So I was wondering if maybe the Open function invoked in LabVIEW do not support the C model either...

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mikhail,

Which version of the PS6000.dll are you using?

If you are using a recent version of the PS6000.dll then the call to ps6000OpenUnit will open a PicoScope 6403C device.

Is the device connected via USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 connection?
Closing LabVIEW at this point always result in a "LabVIEW 13.0.1 Development System has stopped working" windows popup.
This is likely to occur if the driver has become locked and LabVIEW is unable to release the resources.

Regards,

m.asiatici

Post by m.asiatici »

Hi Hitesh,

thank you for your reply. I'm using PS6000.dll version 1.2.1.107 from SDK R10.5.0.28.

Regards,

Mikhail

m.asiatici

Post by m.asiatici »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the device is connected via USB 3.0.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mikhail,

Please could you e-mail support@picotech.com and I can provide some updated dlls. Please also let me know if you require the streaming example as there will be an updated vi available.

Thanks,

m.asiatici

Post by m.asiatici »

Hi Hitesh,

thank you for the solution you provided me via email.

I just would like to post the procedure that solved my problem if anybody else will experience the same error in the future. I'm not sure if just doing this, without the updating the DLLs, will work, but it could be a starting point:
Please remove any PS6000.dll files from your PC other than the ones in the LabVIEW resource folder and the PicoScope 6 installation directory.

Also, please undertake the following:

Close down all instances of LabVIEW (check Task Manager)
Unplug the USB cable and power supply
Replug the power supply and USB cable
Verify the device appears in Device Manager and then start PicoScope 6 to confirm the device connects
Close PicoScope 6 then start LabVIEW
Regards,

Mikhail