Inconsistent ETS Operation

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
mike_ims

Inconsistent ETS Operation

Post by mike_ims »

My current application of the PS3206 is in a Labview environment acquiring a high amount of samples on a single channel and requires the use of ETS.

1. The system is able to acquire 100,000 points of data in ETS mode with the ETS cycles and interleave both set to 10, 20, 50, 80, and 100. Changing nothing besides the cycles and interleave both to 30, 40, 55, 60, 70, 75, 85, etc. halts the system. Could you provide any explanation for this behavior?

2. The help on the function ps3000_get_timebase() states this...
This function should be called after channel and ETS options have been set.
...which would lead me to believe that this function should return valid values when ETS has been enabled. When I call it as suggested by the help in ETS mode, it does returns a "1" indicating success. But, the page in the help titled "Using ETS mode" (see below) does not mention the function.
This is the general procedure for reading and displaying data in ETS mode:

1 Open the oscilloscope using ps3000_open_unit
2 Select channel ranges and AC/DC switches using ps3000_set_channel
3 Using ps3000_set_trigger, set the trigger if required
4 Set ETS mode using ps3000_set_ets
5 Start the oscilloscope running using ps3000_run_block
6 Wait until the oscilloscope says it is ready using ps3000_ready

7 Transfer the block of data from the oscilloscope using ps3000_get_times_and_values
8 Display the data
9 Repeat steps 5 to 8 as necessary
10 Stop the oscilloscope using ps3000_stop
I understand that the method prescribed by the help may not be the only way to use the Pico in ETS mode. My confusion starts when changing the ETS parameters to their extremes (both at 10 to cycles: 500 interleave: 100) does not affect the values returned by ps3000_get_timebase().

Is the function ps3000_get_timebase() available in ETS mode? Do ETS parameters affect the values returned by this function?

Thanks,
-Mike

mike_ims

Post by mike_ims »

It's been nearly 3 weeks since I posted these questions. I realize it was the holiday season, but that time has come and gone. I need to keep moving on this project and resolve these issues.

If there is anything about my post that is unclear please ask me a question or at least point out what doesn't make sense.

Any response (whether it be an answer or not) would be greatly appreciated.

As always: thanks in advance.

-Mike

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Mike

Thank you for your post, we aplogise for the delay in replying.

With regards your question, as the interleave increases the time interval will decrease, since the equation is maximum time interval divided by the interleave.

Hope this helps

Best Regards