DIFFICULTY WITH TC-08 USB

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
lawrie hope

DIFFICULTY WITH TC-08 USB

Post by lawrie hope »

After some difficulty, I got started and successfully logged some data 3 files in all, each about 1 hour long. Very happy with the way it worked.

Next file, I couldn't get it to respond to the start recording command. Tried every thing I could think of. Repair, un-installed and re-installed... Now it can't find the logger even though the computer recognises it as plugged in, When i open the program it wil only give me the player. Can't find a way to open the recorder. Even when i go to all programs, and select picolog recorder, it opens the player instead.

what the ... is wrong??? HELP!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DIFFICULTY WITH TC-08 USB

Post by Martyn »

It sounds like the recorder is still open but minimised to the system tray in the bottom right of the screen. Look for the PL icon and click on this to bring it up.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

The icon was down the bottom right and yes, I can now open the recorder panel. Now when I go to settings, the
recorder details show the TC-08 USB but it can't pick up the model and serial details. I hit the refresh button and no change. This was a problem I had earlier but it seemed to come good. The computer recognises the logger as plugged-in.

Next??

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What O/S and PC are you using?
Have you tried plugging the device into a different USB port?
Have you tried creating a new settings file ?
Which version of Picolog?
Martyn

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

Hi Martyn,

Operating System is Windows XP. We had to install few updates to get it to install first time, but remember it worked for three runs of about an hour each.

I have tried new settings but it gets to recorder info and won't pick up the device model and serial even when I hit refresh and the computer has tested the device and tells me it is working properly

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

Picolog version is R5.22.9

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Did you try a different USB port, what type of PC are you using, and is the cable the blue USB cable we supply ?
Martyn

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

G'day Martyn,
Yes, I tried a different USB port and yes, I am using the original blue cable supplied.
Laptop is Compaq 6910p
regards,
Lawrie

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you have access to a powered USB hub could you try that, it may be that the laptop is not supplying enough power.
Martyn

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

Now trying it in another computer. This one is a Windows 7 Laptop.

Getting the error message:- "ERROR 1330" "The file cannot be installed because cabinet file D:\software\data1.cab has an invalid digital signature"

We have set the computer to disregard digital signatures but this makes no difference. installation won't complete.

getting very frustrated.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please try the latest software version from our website at http://www.picotech.com/software.html
Martyn

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

I never pretended to be a computer expert. My business partner, Mark has no formal training but seems to have some sort of whispering technique that works most of the time.

We could not get the TC-08 USB to install properly on my laptop. My laptop had the bottom level of requirements being Windows XP with the service pack. After it ran for a number of trials, it stopped working and all attempts at adjustments, repairs, un-install and re-install, it just got worse. In the end, we could only get the player to open and when we did get the recorder program up, couldn't find the USB device even though the computer said it was running properly.

My Old laptop is 2000 model with an AMD K6-3 processor and runs Windows 98. Mark installed from your disc in the old laptop and it all runs perfectly!

I know computers can be perverse things but heck, I'm just glad to have my temperature logger at last. I don't know if anyone can say why it didn't work when it should have, but I find it even stranger that it now works when it shouldn't! :? :)

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I am guessing that you are now running an older version of the software, R5.16.2 at a guess, from the original disk we supplied, and which works on the older O/S. Make sure Mark stays around, people with the aura to get things working through smoke and mirrors are very useful :)

XP will settle down after Microsoft officially stop supporting it next month and then we may be able to fix a build that works for all. At the moment the sands are changing too swiftly, meaning we are having to massage installs for a number of customers to get them working.
Martyn

lawrie hope

Post by lawrie hope »

Thanks Martyn.