ADC-100 installation

Having problems ? let us know the details here
alisq
User
User

ADC-100 installation

Post by alisq »

Hi,

Am having some problems installing ADC-100 + software on a WinXP system.

On opening PicoScope, there is an 'error writing to ini file' message. It seems to receive no signal from the scope, giving a single negative voltage reading which is dependant only on the scale you choose. (Despite the fact that the scope itself should be receiving a square wave from the attached function generator.)
When changing the triggering settings, the program frequently crashes.

I have changed the parallel port setting from ECP (or EPP - not sure which one it was) to normal, tried re-installing the software from cd supplied, and downloads.
Have tried with and without the adaptor, and have changed the win.ini file when the adaptor was not recognised.
The port is working (in that it can recognise when a dongle for another piece of software is and is not attached), as is the cable between the ADC-100 and the port.

Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Can you suggest any other solution? Please help!

Best regards,

Alison Squire

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems.

Normally when the software cannot write to the ini file this is because you are not logged in with admistrative priveledges. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator on XP.

If you are and are still experiencing problems then please let us know.

Best Regards

alisq
User
User

Post by alisq »

Hi,

That stops that error message, but the other problems still persist.
I still can't get a signal!
What next?

Thanks,

Alison

P.S. Does this mean I always have to run PicoScope as administrator?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It is advisable to always use Picoscope with administrative priveledges as it needs these whenever it wants to write to the ini file with the Win XP operating system.

The problem you state about having no signal sounds like you need the adaptor for incompatible parallel ports. This comes with the unit. Use this adapter and also insert the following patch into the win.ini file:

[ADC100]
UseAdapter=Yes

Make sure you insert that patch exactly as above, into the win.ini file, on a new line, and then save it. This tells the computer that you are using the adaptor and the software should now work correctly.

Hope this helps

Best Regards