Picolog Crashing

Forum for discussing PicoLog
AlanWeeks
User
User

Picolog Crashing

Post by AlanWeeks »

I have eight ADC16 units (a total of 64 channels) data logging hourly since 10th August. Last night, after 1,192 hours of operation, the logging crashed. I am using Picolog version 5.10.3.
The .plw file shows that a large number of additional readings (many being repeats) have been taking place with the same time stamp, followed by a considerable number with a timestamp of 0 hours, causing the total number of readings to now be 9,552. This represents an additional 8,360 readings in the past eight hours. I can provide the .plw and a .txt file if required.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you experienced this problem. It would be very useful for us to see the files and provide any other details that you can tell us, such as time interval between samples, number of samples being collected, if you have noticed it again in other runs. The number of files created. What are the voltages being measured and are they correct.

Please also state the operating system being used.

Once these details have been recieved we will be in a better position to comment.

Please send the file to tech@picotech.com

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

AlanWeeks
User
User

Post by AlanWeeks »

File sent on 4th October - no response received. Not very good customer service is it!

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear that you have not received a response.

If you send the file again then I will ensure that it is replied to. If you post here once you have sent it then I can verify that we are in receipt of it.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

AlanWeeks
User
User

Post by AlanWeeks »

File resent, although original email acknowledged by 'Seb' at Pico on 4th Oct.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for sending the file again, this shall be dealt with shortly.

Best Regards