Having problems ? let us know the details here
ccluff

Re: Pico 6 cannot detect Picoscope 2000

Post by ccluff »

Mfr part# PICOSCPE 2208, SKU# 76T2292

ccluff

Post by ccluff »

I tried upgrading the software to version 6.7.40.3 on the 32 bit Vista computer. It does not get the "No suitable device" error. It progresses to "Enumerating devices...". It seems to be frozen (30 minutes and counting) and not progressing beyond this status.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Do both machines have all the relevant security updates from Microsoft installed ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ccluff

Post by ccluff »

It does appear that my computers are not up to date.

The Vista Machine is running .NET Framework 3.5 - I am unable to upgrade to 4.5.1. I have tried everything recommended by Microsoft including their various fixIt programs and complete uninstall/reinstall. I think I will have to call Microsoft and talk to a real person to resolve this.

The XP Machine belongs to my employer and is controlled by our IT department. It appears the virus protection is preventing the USB drivers from installing. I will not be able to temporarily disable virus protection for a couple weeks when the traveling IT support guy makes his rounds and is at my location.

If you have a solution/work around for either of these issues, please let me know. - Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

. Net version will not be the issue, Picoscope uses v2. It is likely to be missing update from Microsoft that allows improved digital signatures.
Martyn

ccluff

Post by ccluff »

Yes it does appear to be a digital signature problem. I tried to install on a Win7 machine and it reported the CAB file on the installation CD had a corrupted digital signature. I was able to download 6.7.40.3 and install that on Win7. - Thanks

chowie

Pico 6 cannot detect Picoscope 2000

Post by chowie »

I have a picoscope 2204. I was using it without a problem with windows 7 64bit on Vmware on a Macbook Air. Without changing anything as I rarely use windows (mainly for PicoScope), a week later the software could not find the scope. It would make the relay in the scope click on occasions even make the relay chatter if I keep telling the software to keep looking instead of accepting the Demo 'scope'.

With the PicoScope application open I cant eject the PicoScope 2000 in the usb controller. The controller has identified it as a PicoScope2000 and will not allow the eject, because an application is using it. I tried again a few days latter with the same result only the software wanted to update. The version I have at the moment is PicoScope 6.9.14.16

There is no device connected.

I have unplugged the usb cable and plugged it back in telling vmware to connect to windows (as when it did work). I have rebooted with the same result.

I downloaded the mac beta software and I have exactly the same problem. I have changed USB cables as well

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

This sounds like a powering issue.

What USB cables are you using ? The blue Pico branded ones or other generic ones ?
Martyn

Owais

Post by Owais »

I am having issues with my PicoScope device 3206MSO. I was recently using it without any trouble on Windows 7 but suddenly it has stopped working and now the software cannot detect the device. I am using the Blue USB cable provided with the device.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Owais,

Which version of PicoScope 6 are you using?

Does the LED on the front power on when it is connected to the PC?

Does the PicoScope 3206MSO appear in the Windows Device Manager? There should be an entry under 'Pico Technology Instruments' in the list.

Regards,

kheity

Post by kheity »

Hi Hitesh

My Picoscope 6.9.14.16 not conecct in my PicoScope 2205.
I use windows 8.1 x64.
I installed the "Microsoft NET Framework 4.5.2" and also not succeeded.

But, In my other pc with windows 7 x32 my PicoScope 2205 work fine.

Please, Help me.
Kheity

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Kheity,

What colour USB cable are you using?

Also, referring to the PicoScope 6 Self-Help Guide (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/pi ... uide-1.pdf):

1. Does the PicoScope 2205 appear in the Windows Device Manager (see Section 1).
2. Please follow the instructions in section 3 to locate the trace.xml file - start PicoScope 6 with the PicoScope 6 connected, accept the option for Demo mode on start-up if it appears, then close PicoScope 6 and locate the file.

Regards,

kheity

Post by kheity »

Hi Hitech

I use generic cable, but this cable work fine in my other pc with windows 7 x 32.

Trace.xml in attachment

Thanks
Kheity
Attachments
trace.xml
(11.64 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
pc.jpg

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Kheity,

If you received a blue USB cable with the device, please use that one.

The trace file indicates that a hardware error occurred, please unplug the PicoScope and plug it into another USB port.

Wait for the driver to load, then start PicoScope 6.

Regards,

marles

Post by marles »

Hi!

I have a similar issue. I have a PicoScope 2205A and I am trying to communicate with it using an external program that has imported the ps2000a.dll library. The ps2000aOpenUnit function fails with error code 3 (device not found).
I just don't know what is the problem.
I have to mention that by using its native software application (PicoScope 6), everything works fine.

Does anyone know what seems to be the problem?? Are there any additional settings that I should make?

Best regards,

Paul T.