EL005 lost contact with converters

ndporter
User
User

EL005 lost contact with converters

Post by ndporter »

I have a EL005 logger with 1 EL026 and 4 EL001 converters

A few weeks ago, the logger appeared to lose connection with most of the converters, and on looking at the convertors, the network LED was flashing quickly rather than it's usuall periodic pulse. Disconnecting all the converters and re-connecting them solved the problem.

Yesterday afternoon, the logger appeared to lose connection with all 5 converters and this time the network LEDs are showing nothing. Disconnecting and re-connecting acheives nothing and now Enviromon has started saying that the logger configuration is incorrect.

If I go into the equipement configuration part of Enviromon and run the Auto-configure, it comes back showing no converters. I have tried this with just one converter connected in case there is something on the network that is affecting things.

Where do I go from here in fixing this problem?

Many thanks

Nick

ndporter
User
User

Post by ndporter »

Further to my previous message, I've now used the Program option in Enviromon to re-send the configuration to the logger which has resolved the issue of incorrect configuration.

However, doing an Auto-configure still results in no converters being shown and no readings are being received from the converters.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

If you use the Change Converter Address program which is in the installation directory, does it then see the converters? If it does, try changing their addresses and then doing autoconfigure in the software to see if it now sees them.

If this doesn't help then let me know.

Best Regards

ndporter
User
User

Post by ndporter »

Hi,

I did try the Change Converter Address program - and infact it was after that that I had the problems with it saying that the logger configuration was incorrect.

The Change Converter Address program failed to work - and doing a "read address" on it claimed to detect a converter at address 0 - which I beleive to be an invalid address.

Regards

Nick

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The reason it said the information was incorrect was because you had changed the address of the converters but not told the logger this.

Try running LogLoad. This is a small program in the installation directory. Go all the way through this program following the instructions as you go. After this see if it works.

If this doesn't help then I suspect that your logger needs repairing. To get it repaired please email us at tech@picotech.com telling us about the problem and supplying us with the following informaiton:

Name
Full Address
Email Address
Telephone Number
Unit to be returned and why

We will then issue you with a returns number, please do not send us the unit without first obtaining this number.

Hope this helps

Best Regards