Advanced Trigger Dropout

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
welle

Advanced Trigger Dropout

Post by welle »

Hi
I'm trying to trig on a active low signal (irq) witch intermittent hangs in a system. I'm using a 2205 MSO with Picoscope 6.7.35.1.
The documentation states that I should be able to select what state the trigger will fire on (low, high or either). My problem is that I can't find where to select this. The only option is "either" witch is not useful for looking for a signal stuck on low.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Trigger Dropout

Post by Martyn »

Set a "Repeat" trigger, open up the "Adavnced Triggers" dialog, select "Digital", then you can set "High, Low, Rising Edge, Falling Edge, or Don't Care" for each of the enabled digital channels.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

welle

Post by welle »

But then you can't set a time threshold witch I need.

I actually figured out that if I first selected Advanced Trigger - Advanced Edge I could set falling edge. After that I selected Advanced Trigger - Level Dropout. The Level Dropout will then use the setting from Advanced Edge and I have the trigger condition I want.

For me this seems more like a bug in the GUI and I would rather be able to select the level in the Level Dropout dialog.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

That should be the "Threshold" setting, with "Hysteresis", in the "Level Dropout" dialog. The pictures should explain what will cause the trigger.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager