Saving Waveform & Ruler readings

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
dreaquil

Saving Waveform & Ruler readings

Post by dreaquil »

Hi, I need to save a waveform and the associated reading provided by the ruler. I tried doing this with file>save as>jpg but this does not save the reading from the ruler aswell.. just the waveform. Is there any way to do this without having to print screen?

PicoMike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving Waveform & Ruler readings

Post by PicoMike »

Hi There,

I will pass your comment to Development. It maybe possible in the future to have an "include rulers" option when saving, but I will check.

You can create a PDF version with rulers, by doing exactly as you did but choosing PDF from the dropdown list (and current waveform only). While it won't give you a JPG, it will be what you are after.

In the meantime....I have just tried this on a Windows 7 machine and it worked OK.

Setup the test as you require (with rulers etc).
Choose "Edit>Copy Entire Window as Image"
Open the Paint program that is installed with Windows
Choose Paste from the top Ribbon menu (see below)
Click the Crop (this is greyed out in the screenshot below but will be clickable once you have pasted in the PicoScope image)
PasteAndCrop.jpg
PasteAndCrop.jpg (14.21 KiB) Viewed 5031 times
Then SAVE AS and choose JPG...I noticed Paint defaulted to PNG, so be sure to check the format is what you want.

Of course if you have a preferred picture program [perhaps photoshop] the process is different but I have tried to show a general process.

Here is my result following the process exactly as above:
Test.jpg

Hope this helps.
Mike
Pico Technology

dreaquil

Post by dreaquil »

Thanks, the pdf feature should do fine enough for now but if possible it would be nice to be an additional optional feature as you said in the future as I would like it to be possible to do so without transferring to paint or other programs in order to speed up process. Thanks for the helpful reply though! :)

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

This request has been made to the Development team.

Regards,