ADC212 parallel port isolation

Post any questions about our parallel port products
robgen

ADC212 parallel port isolation

Post by robgen »

Hi,

Im currently using a adc212 within circuits for an xdsl project and now wish to opto isolate the connection between the adc212 and my control pc, so that the picoscope can effectively float with my other circuits.

I am using a parallel connection between the pc and the adc212. From reading articles on this forum it seems that the parallel connection is being used in the unidirectional mode, which would make the design for the optoisolation unit simple. But if this is the case which data lines does the adc212 use to transmit data back to the pc after it has completed sampling? and is there any difference in the way that you use the pins of the parallel port, compared to how it is normally used? and the direction of each data line within the parallel port. This information would be really useful to me as it will enable me to complete the design of my product, which is vital as it is due to go onto the market within the coming months.

Thanks in advance
Robgen :)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Robgen

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we do not release information regarding our parallel port pin configuration.

If you wish to isolate from the computer then the only way to do this is to use isolating probes.

Best Regards

soooooooooo

Post by soooooooooo »

any able to tell the absoleute way to isolate the pinter port..
the intreface should be able to work in all IEEE modes.
so its necessary to genereate direction controel signal.
Any simple methoide to perform this..