automation

Having problems ? let us know the details here
JakeFrench

automation

Post by JakeFrench »

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Picoscope 5000; I’d like to complete the following:
(i) trigger by an event
(ii) record the data (only one ch) at the highest sampling rate until the next trigger (about every second)->
then stop after taking a single sample (this 'single sample' will just be an array of data points now)
(iii) write result buffer to file,
(iv) repeat the entire process every hour – automated -

I can of course do this manually and sit with the scope however, I’d like to be able to automate this for long periods – I often write in Python (if that helps in answering my question).

Can these steps be achieved using the s/w you provide (we have the disk for Picoscope6)?
or
Do you know of any method I may achieve this?

Best,
Jake

Hitesh

Re: automation

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jake,

I've answered your query throgh our Helpdesk system but I've provided some elements as it may be of use to other Users.

It is possible to carry out the above both using our PicoScope 6 software and by creating your own application using the Software Development Kit.

It would be useful to know the number of samples captured and at what sampling interval. Also, when you refer to repeating every hour, it would be useful to know how many seconds you need to capture every hour.

You may be interested in the following video which demonstrates how to save data to disk using the Alarms feature in PicoScope 6:

Best wishes,