Omit data and display graph real time

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
want2know

Omit data and display graph real time

Post by want2know »

Dear Sir,

As data logging is going on, the graph is displayed real time and it works perfectly.
There is incident where I would like to omit two measurement points which are out of range due to loose connection etc, is there any way I can just omit the two datas so that Picolog still displays the complete graph except the omitted two points?

Please let me know how in order for me to do so, thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Omit data and display graph real time

Post by Martyn »

Sorry it is not possible to remove data from the Picolog data file.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Glovisol
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Omit data and display graph real time

Post by Glovisol »

want2know wrote:Dear Sir,

As data logging is going on, the graph is displayed real time and it works perfectly.
There is incident where I would like to omit two measurement points which are out of range due to loose connection etc, is there any way I can just omit the two datas so that Picolog still displays the complete graph except the omitted two points?

Please let me know how in order for me to do so, thanks
Sometimes it happes to me that an important data run (perhaps not repeatable! ) taken with the logger and Picolog is ruined by a few out of range points due to external interference or measurement set-up faults, and this can be a real pain.

I suppose you would wish to have the data and the graph permanently, without the bad points. This is easy to accoplish. After the Picolog run is concluded, just paste the Picolog spreadsheet data into Excel. Carefully inspect data now in Excel & remove the unwanted data point(s). Rewrite the time series column and then make the XY graph in Excel: it wil look even better than in Picolog and your precious data will be forever safe.

Glovisol