Logarithmic frequency axis in spectrum view

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
thorasmund

Logarithmic frequency axis in spectrum view

Post by thorasmund »

Hello
Is it possible to have the frequency axis logarithmic when in spectrum width? As in e.g. this picture
http://www.electrosmash.com/images/tech ... sponse.png

I am using the Picoscope mainly for analyzing the ferquency response of audio circuits and the lower frequencies are therefore quite important.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Logarithmic frequency axis in spectrum view

Post by Martyn »

This feature is on our list of future enhancements, and has been for a while. I have no timescale as to when this may be included, there are many other features that we would like to include, and we need to add support for new products.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

thorasmund

Post by thorasmund »

Ok, thank you for the answer. I will wait patiently for the feature :)

rwp728

Post by rwp728 »

A log frequency axis used to be available on earlier PicoScope software running on XP, and has been taken away in the later versions for Win 7. Among other handy features taken away was the meter function. Because of this I cannot use PicoScope for my vibration measurements on Win 7. If you can get an older computer running native XP (not emulated), contact me and I can supply the original XP PicoScope program that has log frequency, meter, etc.

Lotharyx

Post by Lotharyx »

Hello! I just bought a PicoScope and also noticed that the User Guide (still) doesn't indicate a way to switch to a logarithmic frequency scale. For many applications (such as audio, an interest of mine), this is a critical feature.

Now, a year later from this thread's start, is there any news about the time frame of such a feature being released?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The latest release of software has logarithmic frequency axis, either download from http://www.picotech.com/software.html or let the software auto update.
Martyn

Lotharyx

Post by Lotharyx »

It is very nice that there is now a Log 10 view; however, that is equally useless for audio applications, where most instrumentation handles frequencies on a Log 2 scale (corresponding to octaves in pitch on the western diatonic scale). Please consider adding a Log 2 option (or a Log N option would be even more flexible).

Thanks a lot!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I will pass your comments on to the development team.
Martyn