Connection between ADC-20 and Electronic Load

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
want2know

Connection between ADC-20 and Electronic Load

Post by want2know »

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am doing Lithium ion cell discharge test, I want to use ADC 20 as well as terminal board for voltage, current and temperature measurement.

The battery is going to discharge through microprocessor controlled loads or programmable DC Electronic Load instead of using resistor. (I use this EL9000 http://www.elektroautomatik.de/en/produ ... l9000.html)

I have battery terminals connected directly to the positive and negative terminals of Electronic Load. But, I have no idea how can I connect the ADC 20 as well as terminal board to the Electronic Load to measure the discharge voltage and current.

Hope to hear you soon, thank you very much.

want2know

Re: Connection between ADC-20 and Electronic Load

Post by want2know »

Could someone please have a look?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Page 12 of the User Manual, http://www.picotech.com/document/brochures.html?id=44, will give you the pin outs of the connector with information on the differential pairs.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

want2know

Post by want2know »

Dear Sir,

This is a different question than the other thread but I got the same reply from you.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am doing Lithium ion cell discharge test, I want to use ADC 20 as well as terminal board for voltage, current and temperature measurement.

The battery is going to discharge through microprocessor controlled loads or programmable DC Electronic Load instead of using resistor. (I use this EL9000 http://www.elektroautomatik.de/en/produ ... l9000.html)

I have battery terminals connected directly to the positive and negative terminals of Electronic Load. But, I have no idea how can I connect the ADC 20 as well as terminal board to the Electronic Load to measure the discharge voltage and current.

Hope to hear you soon, thank you very much.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Apologies for this

Doesn't the electronic load have the ability to provide this information ?

otherwise the information you were given in the other thread about measuring voltage and current is still applicable.
Martyn

want2know

Post by want2know »

Dear Sir,

I would like to check with you if ADC-20 and terminal boards can be used along with any programmable electronic load? If yes, what are the? What I can see is from the device (please see attached file), there are only two terminals where I can connect to a DC source (in this case a battery), so I have no idea how could I connect ADC-20 to the programmable electronic load.

Thanks
Last edited by want2know on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you connect a battery, select battery test, then you shouldn't need the ADC-20 as the Electronic Load will provide you with the info you need.
Martyn