PicoScope4000ExampleStreaming-AcquisitionSettings

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Bojana

PicoScope4000ExampleStreaming-AcquisitionSettings

Post by Bojana »

Hello,

I am new to Labview and PicoScope. I was trying out the PicoScope4000ExampleStreaming and could not figure out the meaning of the Acquisition Settings and how the frequency can be specified using these settings. I would be grateful, if I get a detailled explanation about it and as well as how to specify a certain sample rate in which the data should be streamed for e.g. 1kHz.

Thanks in advance,
Bojana

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope4000ExampleStreaming-AcquisitionSettings

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bojana,

The items in the Acquisition settings are as follows:
  • Desired sample interval (microseconds) - specify the time interval between samples; you can set this to 1000 for 1kHz. Please also refer to the ps4000RunStreaming function on how to specify the time unit
  • Pre-trigger samples - the maximum number of raw samples before a trigger condition for each enabled channel.
  • Post-trigger samples - the maximum number of raw samples after a trigger condition for each enabled channel.
  • Down-sample ratio - this is a ratio used to reduce the number of samples returned from the driver e.g. when using aggregated mode. If you want all the raw data, leave this as 1.
  • Auto stop - tells the driver to stop collecting data once the required number of post-trigger samples has been collected following a trigger event.
  • Four Channel Device? - Set this to true if you have a 4-channel oscilloscope.
If a trigger is not specified, then the sum of pre-trigger and post-trigger samples is the maximum number of unaggregated samples.

It is a good idea to follow through the block diagram in the vi and cross reference the Call Function Library Node block to the corresponding function in Programmer's Guide in the Software Development Kit as this will help you to understand how to adapt the example for your application.The only exception to this would be the wrapper function used in the GetStreamingLatestValues block.

I hope this helps.