PS6404B matlab driver

Post your MATLAB discussions here
mpdefeo

PS6404B matlab driver

Post by mpdefeo »

Hello,

I am trying to write matlab drivers for the ps6404B based on the drivers for the 5000 series scopes posed on the mathworks website. I have generated a protofile using the command

Code: Select all

loadlibrary('ps6000.dll','ps6000Api.dll','mfilename',ps6kMFile.m')

For the drivers published on the mathworks website there is also a protofile for the wrapper dll. I am trying to produce a similar using the ps6000wrap.dll included in the SDK, but I don't know which header file to use to generate this file with the 'loadlibrary' command.

I am relatively new to programming, so I apologize if this is a naive question.

Hitesh

Re: PS6404B matlab driver

Post by Hitesh »

Hi mpdefeo,

An Instrument Control driver for the PicoScope 6000 series is scheduled after the PicoScope 5000 series driver.

Are you modifying the instrument driver or writing your own script?

In the meantime, you can use the following header file:
ps6000Wrap.h
PicoScope 6000 Wrapper header file
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
You will need the ps6000Api.h and picoStatus.h files.

Hope this helps.

mpdefeo

Post by mpdefeo »

I am trying to write my own driver based on the structure of the 5000 series driver posted on the mathworks website. Once I get the basic functionality working I will write my own scripts.

Thank you for the header file. Ill start playing around with it today. What is the expected release date for the 6000 series matlab driver?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

We're looking at the next quarter for the release - a beta will be uploaded on to the Mathworks File Exchange site and it will be mentioned in the Test and Measurement Newsletter:

http://www.picotech.com/newsletter/

Regards,