TC-08, PL1216, and Alarms

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
mschroeder

TC-08, PL1216, and Alarms

Post by mschroeder »

I'm running some tests using the PL1216 and the TC-08 with the PicoLog recorder software. I have alarms set up on a couple analog channels to shut off the test using the digital output in case the circuit under test is at risk of high current or undervoltage conditions. I just added in the TC-08 for temperature monitoring and wanted to set alarms to shut off my temperature chamber as well if it decides to run away on me. What I found is that when setting up an alarm for any temperature channels, I can only have it sound in software, but not on the digital output of my PL1216. They are both running in the same instance of the recorder. I also found that calculated parameters were also unable to sound to a digital output.

Is it possible to have a measurement on one unit's input trigger an alarm to another unit's output?

Hitesh

Re: TC-08, PL1216, and Alarms

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

This wouldn't be possible via PicoLog but if you are writing your own application using the Software Development Kit, you could check for a condition on the TC-08 and then set the digital output on the PicoLog 1216.

I hope this helps.

mschroeder

Re: TC-08, PL1216, and Alarms

Post by mschroeder »

Thanks,
I suspected that was the case. I'm not much for writing code, but I'm sure I will figure something out