Oscilloscope for I2C and FlexRay

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Waws

Oscilloscope for I2C and FlexRay

Post by Waws »

Hello,

I am looking for oscilloscopes to debug a couple of protocols and I hope you can help me decide which models to choose.
  • Debugging of I2C. You describe how this can be done using PicoScope 2205 MSO. Is the 2205 MSO the preferred oscilloscope for this task? Is the MSO model needed for this?
  • Debugging of I2C and FlexRay (but not at the same time). Is the 2205 MSO an option?
  • Debugging of I2C, FlexRay and Ethernet 100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T (but not at the same time). Which models handles 100BASE-TX and which models handles 1000BASE-T? Is there any planned support for Ethernet in PicoScope?
I am fairly new to oscilloscopes and have a question regarding the difference between analogue and digital channels. All of the protocols above are digital; does that mean that only digital channels are needed? Or are digital channels only used when doing logic analysis?

Best regards
Waws

TimB
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: Oscilloscope for I2C and FlexRay

Post by TimB »

The 2205 MSO has Two Input Channels that can be used for Serial Bus Decoding and in addition 16 Digital Channels that provide Logic Analyser functionality.

You can download PicoScope6 software from the website and select demo mode to get a feel for the software.

We also have instructional video's in the Support Area of the website that cover Serial Bus Decoding in PicoScope6.
Tim