I need to measure temperature.....

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
GlennP

I need to measure temperature.....

Post by GlennP »

Hi All,

As the title says I need to measure temperature over a wide range (+65 to -45), I have a bridge wired up with a thermistor and this gives out a voltage between 0 to 3 volts (I am powering off an external supply). Does this sound like the right approach for some one who is not familiar with your products. :?:

Glenn

GlennP

Re: I need to measure temperature.....

Post by GlennP »

I have now read the documentation and found a K-type thermo-couple wish me luck :idea:

GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Investigation into the K type thermocouple shows it outputting a very low voltage (0.051 mV for example) is this correct as it seems that this voltage could get lost in the noise of the system surroundings ( a Temperature chamber set at various temperatures (sub 0 to 75/80'C). Would this suitable as I find the K-type mentioned as the most suitable for this application. I unsure of how to connect it to a PicoLog 1000 board to a PicoLog1216 as the manual states for voltages of 0v to +2.5v there is no need to connect any additional components. So I have plugged it into channel 3. I am about to try it!

Glenn

GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Hoorah! I am reading a voltage that appears to varying with temp!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

A colleague will be contacting you through your email helpdesk ticket to explain how to use the logger to measure temperature. You can't plug thermocouples in without additional circuitry, cold junction compensation, and appropriate scaling of the values.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Thanks