adc1032.dll

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Bob Mehew
User
User

adc1032.dll

Post by Bob Mehew »

I am trying to run both Picoscope 6 (with my 4424) and Picoscope v5.20.8 (with my 200) on a lap top, though (not yet) at the same time. I am getting a curious message that Picoscope v5.20.8 can't load because "The file adc1032.dll failed to load correctly". But Picolog v5.20.8 runs OK in this set up. I have tried to repair the program but the installer gets so far and then just rolls back the installation. I have also deleted and reinstalled both programs. Any suggestions to solve this? I am sure I did this a while back when the demand arose previously for 5 channels.

Hitesh

Re: adc1032.dll

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bob,

Which operating system are you using? Is it a 32 or 64-bit version?

When you installed the PicoScope 5.20.8 software, did you tick the option to install for other devices?

Have you tried installing PicoScope 5.21.2? It's worth confirming if the adc1032.dll is present in the PicoScope installation directory.

Regards,

Bob Mehew
User
User

Post by Bob Mehew »

I am running a 32bit machine using Windows XP plus SP3.

I ticked the box but got no option to select a second device. It just went straight on to load the software.

I uninstalled 5.20.8 and tried installing 5.21.2 but all that happened was the installed ran through to some point and then rolled back leaving me with no installation. I have tried to reinstall 5.20.8 but that now just rolls back so I can't check if adc1032.dll is present.

sorry, that is a step backwards.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bob,

It looks as though there is a glitch with the software install relating to the parallel port.

In the Windows Device Manager, please disable the Parallel Port. Next, reboot the PC and then install PicoScope 5.21.2.

You can then renable the parallel port once the software has been installed.

The screen I was referring to should look like this:
Installer dialog.
Installer dialog.
I hope this helps.

Bob Mehew
User
User

Post by Bob Mehew »

many thanks for the advice which worked!