Error Saving in Spectrum Mode

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Tom M

Error Saving in Spectrum Mode

Post by Tom M »

I have just upgraded my PicoScope version from 5 to 6 and have been using the Spectrum mode in version 5. When trying to save a file in version 6 (either .csv or .psdata) the software crashed to the send report screen (Spectrum range 9.999kHz, Auto Trigger). When I check in the default waveform folder the file has been created but there is no data in the file. I have tried this with both a real input through a PicoScope 2206 and with in the demo mode and get the same problem and with a number of different spectrum ranges.
The only time I have managed to get the file to save is when using the 2kHz range but this does not meet my testing requirements.
Attachments
Spectrum Capture Set-Up
Spectrum Capture Set-Up

Hitesh

Re: Error Saving in Spectrum Mode

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tom,

This is a bug in the software.

With PicoScope 6.7.27, I can save to a psdata file fine but the save as txt and csv file causes a crash.

I have sent through the automated reports but will submit a bug report on our system.

Regards,

Tom M

Post by Tom M »

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for the update. Is there another way to get the data out in a format that can be processed through excel as I need this for the data analysis of the measurements?

Regards,
Tom

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Tom,

As a workaround, you can download and install PicoScope 6.6.57 from http://www.picotech.com/software.html

In step 1, select your device, and in step 2, select the 'PicoScope 6.6.57' option under 'Other versions'.

I'm not sure on timescales on when the bug fix when made will be incorporated into a future version.

Regards,