Some questions.

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Kevin H

Some questions.

Post by Kevin H »

Hi everyone,

I am using a Picolog 1516 device with PicoScope 6.7.21.2 for my research, but there is some things that I don't understand.

Firstly, I would like to measure, for example, 50 waveforms of 1000s each in scope mode. But, if I did not stop the measure at the end of the 50th, the first waveform will be deleted to create an over one and so on because it wants 50 wavefoms. Is there is a possibility to stop the measure automaticaly at the end of the 50th?

I would like to know too if it is possible to extract my curves (the 50 waveforms, as the same example) in only one graph. Because the problem is that I have to modify all of the data in a spreadsheet to have a curve which start at 0s and finish at 60 000s (example). That I do is an extract in a text form. This method use a lot of time, so I would like to know if there is an other method or function please?
Besides, when I do the extraction in a text form, there is a mistake and the software turns off with a request to send an error report.

I have a last question. I modify the capture rate but there is always an enormous number of measures in the text data. Is there is an other option to modify to increase the gap (the time) between two measures?

I thank you very much for the answers. It will help me a lot.

Yours sincerely.

Kevin.

Hitesh

Re: Some questions.

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Kevin,

You can make use of the Alarms feature in PicoScope 6 to stop the data capture when you have captured 50 waveforms.

First, click Tools -> Preferences and in the General tab, set the maximum number of waveforms to 50.

Next click Tools -> Alarms, then select and tick the 'Buffers Full' option from the drop down. Then select the 'Beep' entry and click Edit. You can can set an action to stop capture, and you can also add an action to save all buffers to a file as below:
Alarms Dialog
Alarms Dialog
Alarms_Buffer_Full.png (23.49 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
Unfortunately, for csv files, each waveform is saved to a separate file. You can save to a binary .mat file though which can be opened using MATLAB.

Are you sending the crash reports through automatically?

Have you tried adjusting the number of samples and the timebase to increase the sampling interval time?

Regards,

Kevin H

Post by Kevin H »

Hi Hitest,

I thank you very much for your answer. I will try the alarm that you said. I never used Matlab but I will learn if it is the only solution.

Yes, I am sending the crash report all of the time it asked.

I tried to modify the options of samples and timebases but it changed nothing. Maybe I did not do it correctly.

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Kevin,

Please make sure you have the properties window open using Views -> View Properties. This then updates the sample rate and sample interval depending on the parameters selected.

Best wishes,