Triggering Picoscope 6304A with an ultrasonic generator

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Driss Sayod

Triggering Picoscope 6304A with an ultrasonic generator

Post by Driss Sayod »

I just bought a PicoScope 6304A and a software Picoscope 6 (the latest version). My goal is to exploit the performance of the PicoScope to develop an application based on the use of ultrasonic signals in my PhD project. The technical performance of the PicoScope gives high accuracy and high resolution that we need in our experimental measurements. So the first problem I encountered is the synchronization between the PicoScope and an ultrasonic generator, so I mean how can I get a stable ultrasonic signal in the visualization window of PicoScope 6 as we do in ordinary oscilloscope by connecting the external trigger to trigger connectivity.
I would like that the question is so clear and I am very grateful for your answers.

Hitesh

Re: Triggering Picoscope 6304A with an ultrasonic generator

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Driss,

You can use the trigger functionality in the PicoScope 6 to achieve a relatively steady waveform. You can trigger on an input channel or on the external trigger.

I would recommend using a Repeat trigger if you are looking to capture a number of waveforms.

The following video may help:

Regards,

Driss Sayod

Re: Triggering Picoscope 6304A with an ultrasonic generator

Post by Driss Sayod »

Thank you very much for your quick response and also on this very interesting video. I'll try to apply these steps and I will inform you about the given results.