How to use labview to generate signal

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
yofine

How to use labview to generate signal

Post by yofine »

Hi

I have a picoscope 2205A and plan to use it to measure temperature and generate signal. I downloaded the PS2000 vi from the website, and successfully take measurement.

However, I didn't see any VI that can be used to generate signal. So, can anyone send me a ps2000 signal generator file?

Thanks

yofine

Re: How to use labview to generate signal

Post by yofine »

Also, is it possible to generate signal by applying a PID control to the signal measured? Thus, I can use picoscope and labview to create a closed loop control system.

Thanks

Hitesh

Re: How to use labview to generate signal

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Yofine,

There is a call to the ps2000SetSigGenBuiltIn function the PS2000.vi file so you can call the in built signal generator to output sine waves etc.

If you need the arbitrary waveform generator, then you will need to add a 'Call Library Function Node' block to your vi and configure it according to the function definition in the Programmer's Guide.

To generate a signal, you would have to capture the data, process it, making sure that it does not exceed 4096 samples, and then output using the arbitrary waveform generator. You would have to verify if that number of samples is sufficient for your application.

I hope this helps.