On and Off Delay times

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
ulek

On and Off Delay times

Post by ulek »

Hey all,

I have a quick question about the PicoScope software.

I would be interested in measuring the on and off delay of a mosfet.
On some oscilloscopes it is possible to program that as a measurment but from what I've seen there is no easy or obvious way to do so on the PicoScope.

Is it possible to do so in the PicoScope software itself or would I have to employ some 3rd party software?

Thanks for the help.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: On and Off Delay times

Post by Martyn »

We have a number of measurements available in our software including Duty Cycle, Rise Time, Fall Time, High Pulse Width, Low Pulse Width so it may be that we have what you need.

You can download the software for free, and run it in demo mode, to see the full list. Please go to http://www.picotech.com/software.html and select one of the scopes.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ulek

Post by ulek »

I had a chance to quickly play with the PicoScope 5203 and see what it can do.

I´ve seen that you can measure those things and they are indeed useful to me but for what I want but I would also need to measure the on delay and/or off delay (so measure the time from one channel crosses a given threshold with a positive slope to when other channel crosses the same threshold with a negative slope). And I didn't see any calculations the could be done between the channels, only on one channel.

Aslo it doesn't have to be done in the scope software itself, it probably would be even preffered if it was done on some sort of interface preferably LabView or matlab. (I didn't have time to play with the SDK)

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We provide Labview drivers and example vi's for our scopes that will allow you to capture the raw data. It would then be possible to add in some extra functionality to provide this feature although it is not something we have done ourselves.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager