Realtime data scan ps5204

Post your .Net discussions here
GNSS

Realtime data scan ps5204

Post by GNSS »

Hey everybody,
I am new here and also new for me is the PicoScope.
Today I got a PicoScope 5204 to do frequency analyses. I have a radar sensor which has an analog exit port and dependent by measured speed the frequency of the signal changes.
For this I would like to write in the C# SDK an analysis tool which is scanning for the time stamp anytime the voltage signal rises over a defined threshold.
Does anybody know or has a good class etc. how I can scan the actual values from PicoScope (5204) in real time?
And does a search function with good performance exist which I could use to get the time stamp when the voltage signal rises over a defined threshold?
Hope somebody can help me with my basic issues :?
Thanks

Hitesh

Re: Realtime data scan ps5204

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

When you refer to 'real-time', do you mean processing data as it is received? If so, please take a look at the streaming mode example in the C# code in the SDK.

In terms of timestamp, I think you would need to write your own code. In streaming mode, it is possible to obtain the sample number of when the trigger occurs but it will occur once only unless you stop and restart streaming mode capture (which would result in data loss).

With a rapid block capture, you can capture a number of waveforms using a trigger with smaller re-arm time (600us) but it is not possible to obtain the time of the trigger, rather the time between the trigger and the first sample.

How accurate a timestamp do you require?

Have you considered using the PicoScope 6 software with Mask Testing and Alarms?

Regards,

GNSS

Post by GNSS »

Hi Hitesh,
Thanks for your fast answer.

The radar sensor I am using measures up to 200 kph. Per kph the sensor is pulsing with 38 Hz (max. 7600Hz = 38 * 200).

I haven't tried the Mask Testing and Alarms in PicoScope 6 software. Do you think it should work?
If it's working how I can get the Testing and Alarms Mask in PicoScope 6? I haven't found it.

The max pulsing of the radar leads me to a time stamp accuracy of or better 0.00005sec.
I just need the data in pseudo real time. Important for me is that the time stamp has the relative accuracy. Absolute (constant) latencies dependent by system are not so important. I can measure them and put an offset to the time stamp.

Further processing will get done in post processing. But conditioned by the memory space I can not log the whole measurements.

If you have another approach please let me know. Otherwise I will go with the streaming mode example and an own written threshold "trigger".

Regards,
Johannes

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Johannes,

Below are some videos that help to explain about Mask Limit Testing and Alarms in PicoScope 6:-

Mask limit testing:

Alarms:

Unfortunately, the timestamp for the waveform captured will be just the time in hh:mm:ss.

How many samples are you collecting in total and over what time period?

Regards,