6.7.21 can not start.

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
cosmos

6.7.21 can not start.

Post by cosmos »

I use PicoScope 6.6.57 on WindowsXP SP3.

Yesterday, PicoScope informed me that there is a newer version.
So I downloaded installer of 6.7.21, then I installed. But 6.7.21 can not start.

When I double-click shortcut icon of PicoScope6, PicoScope show me splash image and freeze.
I connect PicoScope 2205 MSO to my PC. So I uninstalled 6.7.21 and I re-install 6.6.57.

I want to try newer version because 6.6.57 usually shutdown when I use digital inputs and analog inputs with UART serial decode feature.

Hitesh

Re: 6.7.21 can not start.

Post by Hitesh »

Hi cosmos,

Please could you confirm if the device is present in the Windows Device Manager - there should be an entry as shown in the image below:
PicoScope 2205 device in Windows Device Manager
PicoScope 2205 device in Windows Device Manager
Device_Manager_2205_MSO.png (6.67 KiB) Viewed 10845 times
Does the software freeze when you try to start PicoScope 6 without the device connected?

Are you running the software using an Administrator account?

It might be helpful to send in the trace.xml files to support@picotech.com from the following location:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Pico Technology\

To access the AppData folder and below you will need to be able to view hidden folders within Windows:
  • Go to C:\Users\ in Windows Explorer
  • In Windows XP click Tools -> Folder options
  • Click the View tab, then under Hidden Files and Folders, select the tickbox to 'Show hidden files and folders', then click 'OK'.
As there may be more than one folder with an alphanumeric name please look for the trace.xml file with a timestamp corresponding to the last use of PicoScope 6.7.21.

Thanks,

Gherrmann

Post by Gherrmann »

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as Cosmos.
I check the trace.xml file but it is an old one from March 2013.

I used the last version (6.7.21) last week on Friday May 17th (internet download) on windows 7 and it works.
But the software blocks on the logo display at the start up sequence "Enumeration des dispositifs..." (french version) on Windows XP SP3.
logo pico.jpg
The picoscope 3206B is already connected at my laptop:
Hardware Manager.jpg
I have stored .psdata files friday with the newest verison and cannot open them with the older version v.6.6.57. That's the reason I want to install the newest version on windows XP SP3.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

We are aware of an issue with PicoScope 6.7.21 with some Customers and this is being investigated with a new build hopefully being provided soon.

We will post an update as soon as it is available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

superyue

Post by superyue »

I also has the same problem, I use the PicoScope6_r6_6_57 version, it works very well. When i uninstall PicoScope6_r6_6_57 and instal PicoScope6_r6_7_21, It can not work. The software can not start. My os is XP SP3. I also tried PicoScope6_r6_7_27.exe and PicoScope6_r6_8_1.exe, they all can not work. Then i install PicoScope6_r6_6_57 again. It is OK. I hope this issue can be solved.
Best wishes.

Gherrmann

Post by Gherrmann »

I have test the last version of Picoscope (rev. 6.7.28), I have always the same problem on Widows XP.
Picoscope blocks on the enumeration window during the start up.
Is there something new in this way?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

There is a new release going through final test which should address this issue. It is related to obtaining digital signatures for the drivers.

Hopefully this will be downloadable from the website shortly.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

dmelgar

Post by dmelgar »

I also am having same problem. I was using the scope and it toldd me of the new version and it downloaded and now cannot use it, i tried to return to previous version and can't get it to work again.

hope this gets fixed soon!

dmelgar

Post by dmelgar »

Update,

As i stated previously i also am having same issue as everyone else that upgraded the software only thing is now that i uninstalled it and re-installed the previous software 6.6.57, now that one will not recognize that the scope is connected.

I have verified in device manager that it is connected and no problems and yet the old version now cannot see the scope. I now have an expensive paper weight.

I uninstalled 6.6.57 and installed the latest 6.8.1 software and this does same as 6.7.27 freezes on "Enumerating Device."

So i decided to uninstall everything erase folders, and start over with 6.6.57 and still would not work after i upgraded drivers.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Until the new version is available, which should be early next week, you may be able to get the older version of software installed and working by going to

C:\Users\{YourLoginName}\AppData\Local\Pico Technology

and deleting all the folders and files you find there.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager