Pt-104 with Labview

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
A. Winkel

Pt-104 with Labview

Post by A. Winkel »

Hello,

I've got problems with reading out the Pt-104 with Labview. I don't why it didn't work? I wonder if the pt-104 is getting power through the serial cable. Is powersupply standard programmed in the pt-104 VI?

regards,

A. Winkel

Post by Guest »

Sorry I noticed some mistakes

I've got problems with reading the Pt-104 with Labview. I don't know why it didn't work? I wonder if the pt-104 is getting power through the serial cable. Is the powersupply standard programmed in the pt-104 VI?

regards,

A. Winkel

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The labview example provides all that the unit needs, and sets the serial cable to power the PT104 using DTR and RTS.

If you believe that the PT104 is not being powered test it with Picolog the driver is the same one used by Picolog and thus will do similar processes to open the PT104 and power it.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

A. Winkel

Reading Pt-104 with Labview

Post by A. Winkel »

Reading Pt-104 with Labview

I'm trying to read all channels from the PT-104 with labview but I can only read channel 1. When I use the example VI I've got the same problem.

What can I do???

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Can you use all the channel on Picolog and get correct values?

What measurements are you trying to take, temperature, resistance, single ended voltage, differential voltage?

What operating system are you using?

Once you have given the information I need I will investigate this and let you know the results as soon as possible.
Regards,

Mark Spencer

paul@paa.co.uk

pt104 on labVIEW unreliable

Post by paul@paa.co.uk »

We have been running a pt104 unit via the pt10432.dll for the last three years. From a LabVIEW program (version 5 - 6.1) the unit is called regularly via the special labVIEW build in function. The operating systems have ranged from win98, win2k to winxp. During that time we found the unit quite unreliable. With this I mean it can run days on end and then suddenly become very temperamental. Every now and then it start to return zero's or just returns the same old measurement over and over again. The only way to get the unit to work again is to physically disconnect the serial port and restart the software. We have had correspondence over this with picotech and it was always suggested to upgrade to the latest dll. None of the dll's solved the problem. Unfortunately the prototype instrument that features this pt104 module has to be shipped now to customers. Needles to say this unreliability is not acceptable. We have tried to incorporate a c++ layer calling the pt10432.dll, calling lower level functions other than the special LabVIEW one, this does not seem to help. The problem has changed though, now we are sometimes not able to open the port to the unit at all.

Could you give me some technical feedback other than try the latest dll please, which we have already tried. We desparately need a pt 100 unit one way or the other we can rely on. Any info on pt100 pc readable units is welcome.

thanks

Paul