Triggering ADC-100

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Roy Visser
User
User

Triggering ADC-100

Post by Roy Visser »

I want to trigger Picoscope using a pulse of about 8 Volts. With a zero signal from my ADC-100 and using a trigger treshhold of 1000 mV, i experience no problems.

However my signal normally ranges around 2 Volts, so i need to increase the triggering treshhold preferably to 6 or 7 Volts. But when i increase the treshhold, the triggering function doesn't work anymore. The pulse is still visible on the left part of the scope window, but it doesn't trigger the program to record the signal.

I have used both the beta version 5.11.06 and 5.10.07 on a computer with windows 98.

What should i do to fix this problem?

Roy

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

How are you changing the trigger value? Are you moving the trigger diamond or setting the value manually?

Try both of these ways and see if it does it with both.

At what threshold does it stop working?

I will try to replicate this problem myself and let you know how I get on.

Best Regards

Roy Visser
User
User

Post by Roy Visser »

Thanks for the fast reply.
Sarah wrote: How are you changing the trigger value? Are you moving the trigger diamond or setting the value manually?
I already tried both, makes no difference.
Sarah wrote: At what threshold does it stop working?
At 1000 mV.

I solved the problem by changing the pulse to a negative one (of around - 8 Volts). As the signal i have to measure is always positive and around 2 Volts, this works fine with a treshhold of -1000 mV (falling). But still it is strange that the trigger doesn't work for treshholds of higher than 1000 mV.

A new question: is it possible to let the program save to .txt files automatically in combination the repeated trigger and save with trigger? Now it creates .psd files automatically after each trigger, but .txt files are a lot easier to work with.

Thanks

Roy

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your question, unfortuantely it is not possible to save the results directly as .txt files. However, it is possible to run a command line statement to extract the data and produce .txt files form the .psd files in one directory. In the help manual loon up command line and inparticular the switch command -t.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer