how to convert voltage into temperature when using ADC-16

Which product is right for your exact requirements
jolyian_2001

how to convert voltage into temperature when using ADC-16

Post by jolyian_2001 »

I need help on how to convert voltage into temperature when using ADC-16. Is there an equation to convert it?

Best regards

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The method for calculating temperature depends very much on what you are using to measure the temperature. Thermocouples have a non-linear response and it is therefore not possible to use a formula for the calculations. When using the TC-08 unit this is done automatically by the software using a look-up table method.

If you can supply me with some more information as to what sensors you are using then I will be able to advise you further.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

bob@baustnet

Post by bob@baustnet »

I am interested in doing this also (I emailed you about the ADC-11, you suggested the TC-08).

If I buy a temperature sensor from you can you supply the lookup values? Can you suggest one that would yield the best resolution over a 20-120° C range?

I guess this is a hint that perhaps you still have a market for signal conditioners. :)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Bob

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we are unable to recommend a sensor to use. You will need to find one yourself, this should fit as well into the input voltage range as possible to maximise resolution.

As we cannot recommend a sensor we are therefore also unable to supply look up table information.

Best Regards