RE: Sensor Fail

jarvis
User
User

RE: Sensor Fail

Post by jarvis »

Hi

In response to what DistilledChill said in another thread (which I did not want to hijack), I have the following observations:

We use Enviromon to monitor several pretty unreliable domestic fridges. We want them to operate between 2 and 8 degrees C, but some of them go as low as -2 and up to about 12 degrees. We have set the alarm values to 2-8 (plus correcting for the inaccuracy of the probes at calibration) and long enough hold-off times to avoid too many alarms.

So, whenever a particular sensor goes (e.g.) above 8 degrees we get: yellow lamp in the monitor view, "Sensor Fail" message written to the event log. Another "Sensor Fail" message appears in the log for EVERY sample interval until the fridge returns to between 2 and 8 degrees.

So, "Sensor Fail" actually means "out of range for less than hold-off". If the alarm actually sounds we get either "Fridge_x above range" or "Fridge_x below range"

Incedentally, when I unplugged a probe to test the alarm, the event that appeared in the log was actually "Converter Fail", even though it was 1 probe that was disconnected and the other probes on the converter were still functional.

I would greatly appreciate in a future release of the software that the "Sensor Fail" message should be only written for the first sample that is out of range. Then only written again if the temp returns to normal and once again goes out of range. Also a list of possible events and the actual meaning in the help file would be useful.

Cheers
Andy

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Andy

Thank you for your suggestions.

We appreciate your feedback and have noted the comments that you have made, however we cannot guarantee how long it will take to implement them should we decide to use them.

Best Regards