PP264/PP218 Current Clamp Specifications

Which product is right for your exact requirements
swg
User
User

PP264/PP218 Current Clamp Specifications

Post by swg »

Is the only difference between the 218 and the 264 how they are terminated (218 banana and 264 BNC) ? Is there a data sheet for the PP264? Or can you give me an idea of what level of noise I can expect, rise and fall times, and influence of adajacent conduictors. Also what is the minimum current the PP264 can reliably detect in the 5 volt range around 1kHz? Thanks Steve

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Steve

Thank you for your post.

The PP264 and PP218 are essentially the same although the PP264 is a slight improvement upon the PP218. Unfortunately I do not have any specification details as to how these are different.

I am also unable to supply specific figures as to rise/fall time, noise, or influence of adjacent items.

The clamp can measure currents as low as 10mA, and this is independant of voltage and frequency.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Further to the above post, I have some more information regarding the improved noise rejection of the PP264.

The new current clamps are much better at rejecting noise when used in an electrically noisy environment (eg automtotive aps). As well as the screened lead leading to the BNC connector, the body of the current clamp has additional screeening.

Hope this helps

Best Regards