Install failure Windows XP x64 Edition

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Zeyneb

Install failure Windows XP x64 Edition

Post by Zeyneb »

Dear forum members,

I have a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional x64 bit Edition, dedicated for my newly bought 3206 MSO scope. I installed PicoScope 6 v6.6.50.3. There is not a dedicated 64bit version to download from Pico, right?

Installation fine. Then launching the application failed with the following message:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Would someone help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you!
Best regards,
Zeyneb

Hitesh

Re: Install failure Windows XP x64 Edition

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zeyneb,

Searching for this error suggests you may wish to install the latest version of the .NET Framework from the Microsoft website.

Please look for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) (vcredist_x64.exe) on the Microsoft website.

Normally, the PicoScope 6 installer should download and install the .NET Framework from the Internet but if there is no connection this won't happen.

There isn't a specific 64-bit version of PicoScope 6 at this moment in time.

I hope this helps.

Zeyneb

Post by Zeyneb »

Hi there,

I did, exactly like you told me. Now that redistributable package is installed as well. Still I'm getting the exact same error message. Even after an reboot.

Look, it is absolutely a fresh Windows XP Professional x64 Edition installation. I've done all automatic updates from Microsoft when I provided an internet connection to that computer. SP2 of Windows is installed as well. Please note for the x64 Edition Microsoft never provided an SP3.

So, I'm wondering if you tested PicoScope 6 on the operating system I have?

Your product might have more dependencies, I'm unaware of. Moreover an more elaborate error message would certainly be more helpful than this one. Sorry that was a bit of frustration.

You see I'm expecting company getting this resolved!

Thanks,
Zeyneb

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Zeyneb,

You will need to install .NET Framework 2 Service Pack 2 for the x64 architecture from the Microsoft Download Center:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... px?id=1639

I've tested this here and PicoScope 6 runs after the .NET Framework has been installed.

Best wishes,