Setting trigger type (single, repeat, etc.)

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
kenneth

Setting trigger type (single, repeat, etc.)

Post by kenneth »

I've got a 4227 that I've been pulling waveforms off of in Block mode. I would like to run the scope in like a single mode type triggering (my source is activated slightly before I start pulling waveforms) so I get the initial bits of data. Ideally, I'd like to set the scope in single mode, pull my waveforms, and then re-arm the scope again (i.e. reset to single mode).

I've been running my scripts through matlab via MEX files, so the whole procedure would happen in a serial fashion. Currently I'm using ps4000SetSimpleTrigger, and am sure to set a very hold autoTrigger (~10min). However, I would like to move to a Single trigger type mode to ensure that the scope is storing (and pulling) exactly one waveform at a time, and that I'm not pulling something old out of the buffer (and, in Single mode, being able to pull the very first waveforms).

Thanks

Hitesh

Re: Setting trigger type (single, repeat, etc.)

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Kenneth,

The Single/Repeat triggers are features of PicoScope 6.

In order to replicate a single trigger using the SDK, I think you will need to set the number of pre- and post-trigger samples based on your sampling interval such that you capture the waveform as desired.

You will then have to re-arm the trigger and capture a block of data again. You could always reset your data buffers in MATLAB to an array of zeros (using libpointers) once the data has been copied out.

I hope this helps.