Picoscope 3205 has died?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
StuartWhelan

Picoscope 3205 has died?

Post by StuartWhelan »

I have recently received the picoscope 3205. I am using it on a WinXP SP2 Laptop.

From the outset of using it the PicoScope software would intermittently loose connection with the scope. I would have to shutdown the software, disconnect the scope from the USB port, reconnect the scope and restart the software.

This happens every 30 minutes or so.

Thinking it may be a SP2 or PC problem I changed to a XP SP1 desktop PC. The same issues were apparent.

Now, after less than a total of 5 hours of use the scope has died. The probes were connected to the scope, but not connected to anything else at the time.

None of the PC's I have tried now 'discover' the scope when it is connected to the USB port. I get no 'New USB Device' sound or notices. It is to all appearances dead.
Recursion: See Recursion

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Stuart

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this problem.

We will be more than happy to look at the scope and repair it if it is broken. As it is within the warranty period, this will be free of charge (assuming that the scope has not been subject to abuse).

If you would like the unit repaired then please email us the following information so that we can issue you with a returns number:

Name
Full Address
Email Address
Telephone Number
Unit to be repaired and details of the problem.

Our email address is tech@picotech.com

We will then issue you with a returns number, please do not send us the unit without first obtaining this number.

Hope this helps

Best Regards