Event Logging - best product ??

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Rick Beament

Event Logging - best product ??

Post by Rick Beament »

I am in need of a product that can give me several (preferably 8+) channels that will allow the date and time of 'events' to be logged - these being when a voltage exceeds or is below some pre-set value. I need the log to be able to run over a period of up to a month, with a total of, maybe up to 4000 events.
I like the look of the Enviromon for something else I have to do in a few months time, but I guess from the spec that this is a 'polled' system so that if I set it up to scan every minute, if the event has only lasted for a few seconds during that time, I wont pick it up. Typically, the events I am looking at might only last 2-10 seconds.
I thought, maybe, the ADC-16 with Picolog software might do the trick, but if there is something that will do the job better, please advise. I also will need conventional 'polled' logging at some stage where I'm logging voltages on a half-hourly basis, or thereabouts.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post and your interest in our products.

You are right that the Enviromon would probably not be able to capture these events due to it's sampling rate of one sample per minute.

The ADC-16 might suit your application, however it has a sampling rate of 1.5Hz which is then split between the active channels so this might also proove too slow as a sampling rate.

You might find that the ADC-11 is more of interest, it has a maximum sampling rate of 10kS/s and this is again split between the active channels however it would enable you to record at a rate fast enough to capture the events you are looking at.

You can set the sampling rate in the Picolog software to whatever you wish within the range of the unit, therefore if you wished to take samples every half an hour this would be possible.

Hope this helps, if you have further questions then do not hesitate to contact us further.

Best Regards