Using Capture on Trigger alarm slows down trigger re-arm

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
MikeSparks

Using Capture on Trigger alarm slows down trigger re-arm

Post by MikeSparks »

Hi,
I am using a Picosope 3206A with beta version software 6.7.2.1 to capture a series of transient pulses. I'm running Picoscope 6 on a Windows 7 laptop. Running in normal mode, the scope can correctly capture 3 events in a period of 1.3 seconds. However, when I use the "alarm capture on trigger" feature to store each captured waveform to hard disk, only 2 events are captured. It looks to me like after the first trigger, while the waveform is being saved to disk the second event occurs but the trigger has not yet been re-armed so it is not captured. It seems it takes around 700ms until the trigger is re-armed. It is only after the file is saved and the trigger is re-armed that the third event triggers another capture.
Can you confirm, am I correct in thinking that the trigger is not re-armed until after the write to disk is complete?
Any suggestions for how to minimise the re-arm time to make sure I can capture as many events as possible?

Regards
Mike

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using Capture on Trigger alarm slows down trigger re-arm

Post by Martyn »

How many captures are you looking for in total, and how many samples in each capture ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager