decode with MSO digital channels

Which product is right for your exact requirements
maxiso

decode with MSO digital channels

Post by maxiso »

Hello,
I have successfully used a picoscope to decode CAN or SPI from an analog channels in the past. This feature works great.
Now I want to buy a MSO to be able to decode more channels. Is the new Picoscope MSO 3200 able to decode serial protocols (CAN, SPI, UART) coming from the digital channels?
How many channels can it decode in parallel?
Thanks,
Max

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: decode with MSO digital channels

Post by alan »

Yes you can do serial decoding from the digital channels (or a mix of the digital and analogue).

You can also decode multiple signals at the same time (eg 2 x CAN, one SPI and a I2C etc) but I do not know the absolute limit (eg could you decode 18 different signals at the same time or not) so that answer will have to wait for office hours next week.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: decode with MSO digital channels

Post by Martyn »

Yes it can decode on either the analog or digital channels as the serial decoding is performed by the software, not the hardware. Therefore subject to the performance of the PC, the speed of the serial signals, and other features you have enabled it is possible to decode more than one serial channel at a time, although we haven't tested this to the limits.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager