Picoscope 6.6.50.3

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
AlphaWolfXV

Picoscope 6.6.50.3

Post by AlphaWolfXV »

Hello,
I am trying to save a test file in teh matlab format, however once it completes, the windows folder where the file was made will not open and causes the windows explorer to crash. I need to then delete the containing folder and recreate it and try again. Am I doing something incorrect, I merly open up a demo scope object and save the current waveform as a matlab file. Then I can not navigate to it to open it in picoscope, and the folder becomes corrupted. I have tried in both 6.6.50 and 6.6.46?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cyrus

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 6.6.50.3

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Cyrus,

Have you checked to make sure that the folder is not set to 'read-only'?

Are you able to save to the .psdata file format correctly? The .mat files cannot be opened in PicoScope.

Regards,

AlphaWolfXV

Post by AlphaWolfXV »

Hello Hitesh,
Yes, the folder is definitely read/write. The folder just stops responding like it has a corrupted table of contents. After windows exporer crashes, it will continually crash until I delete that containing folder, then all is ok.

PSData files save fine, as do csv files. I am sorry, I misunderstood that .mat files could not be loaded into picoscope, that was my bad :) Thanks for the help and suggestions, I will probably just use the csv files as they are mostly going to be smaller in size.
Thanks,
Cyrus

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Cyrus,

Do you have problems with saving the other file types to the same folder?

The csv files have a limit of just over 1 million samples per channel.

I tested it on my PC here (PicoScope 6.6.50) and it saved to a .mat file without any issues.

Are you using MATLAB as well?

Thanks,