Picoscope cannot open ADC212/50 error

Post any questions about our parallel port products
Nizam

Picoscope cannot open ADC212/50 error

Post by Nizam »

hi there..

I got "picoscope cannot open ADC21/50" error when start the application.
I installed the picoscope software to 3 pc. 2 of them are HP compaq d530 and it gives the same error. But when I install the same software into the Hyundai Notebook,it works.

FYI all the computer using WinXP OS. Hope you can help.

Regards
Nizam

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Nizam

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you have been having this problem.

The first thing to try is changing the parallel port that the software is addressing. The Windows XP operating system virtualises the port and it may be going by a different number. Try changing it to LPT2 by going to File | Setup | Converter, then restart the software. If this doesn't work then try LPT3.

If this doesn't help then check the parallel port settings in the BIOS. It should be set to:

SPP, Normal, Output Only or Unidirectional.

It should not be set to ECP, EPP or Bidirectional.

If none of these options exist then contact your PC's manufacturer for advice.

If you are still experiencing problems after trying what I have suggested then please do contact us again.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Hi Sarah

I have tried all your suggessions, I have tried changing the LPT1 to LPT3 and changing the bios setting to Output Only. But none of it works.

Please help.

Regards
Nizam

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Nizam

Sorry to hear that didn't work.

The next thing to check is whether you have any other devices installed to the parallel port. Printers scanners and zip drives can cause driver conflicts so if you have anything like this installed to the parallel port then try uninstalling it and seeing if it will then work.

If it will not work after this then it may be the parallel port of that make of computer. Some parallel ports are made with not all the pins connected. This means that whilst they will work with printers they might not work with our products as ours use all of the pins rather than just some of them.

If you use a USB to Parallel port adaptor then this will enable you to connect via a USB interface and will solve the problems you are having. Please note that only our adaptors will work with our products.

Hope this helps

Best Regards