Length error

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Bruce Cameron

Length error

Post by Bruce Cameron »

I am developing an Excel macro that communicates with an ADC11 via USB parallel port. From time to time when I run the macro I get a message box saying "ERRROR" with "Length error" in the title bar. This problem is intermittent and I have been unable to relate it to anything in my code or any other circumstances. I have previously had the same message intermittently while running Picoscope. After I close the message box, the application is forced to exit.

Please clarify what the message means and what conditions may lead to this error.

Michael Hayes

Post by Michael Hayes »

Bruce,
I am interested in these sort of applications myself and have written similar spreadsheets to obtain data. I am no expert but can you send a copy of the vb code you are using and I will see if I can duplicate the error and maybe offer some coments at least on an ADC12 on a real parallel port to the extent that this is relevant.
Regards,
Michael

Bruce Cameron

Length error

Post by Bruce Cameron »

Michael,
Thanks for your interest. I doubt there is anything specific in my code causing this error. It is intermittent and I have also seen it frequently running Picoscope. I would really like an indication from those who have access to the driver source code as to what is going on and what conditions may cause it. Alternatively perhaps other customers have experience of this error and how to avoid it and would be willing to share what they know.
Regards,
Bruce

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing this problem.

This problem is related to the drivers that you are using. If you download the latest version of the software from

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

The newer drivers will be installed and this should solve these problems.

Best Regards