accelerometer data logging application

Which product is right for your exact requirements
adam

accelerometer data logging application

Post by adam »

Hi

I was hoping to get some advice on the best PicoScope to purchase for the following single channel application.

The application requires 60 seconds of accelerometer signal to be recorded at 400 Samples/s = 24000 samples. I would like to display and do further processing of the amplitude versus time data in Excel.

(The accelerometer pre-amplifier has a switchable gain allowing a maximum output voltage of +-5V via a BNC connector. The pre-amplifier anti-alias filter has a cut-off frequency of 100Hz.)

Regards

Adam

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Adam

Thank you for your post.

In order to record the 24000 samples that you wish to, I would recommend using either our ADC-212/3 or ADC-212/50 oscilloscope.

The ADC-212/3 has 32k of internal buffer memory. It has a maximum sampling rate of 3MS/s and a 16 bit resolution. It will enable you to record the samples you wish. The ADC-212/50 has 128k of memory so would enable you to record on both channels for the length of time needed.

In order to specify the sample rate that you wish, you will need to use the Picolog software, you will need to use it in Fast Block Mode. Once it has recorded the data you can export it to Excel.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Thanks for advice.

Adam

lcliang@bksv.com.tw

Re: accelerometer data logging application

Post by lcliang@bksv.com.tw »

adam wrote:Hi

I was hoping to get some advice on the best PicoScope to purchase for the following single channel application.

The application requires 60 seconds of accelerometer signal to be recorded at 400 Samples/s = 24000 samples. I would like to display and do further processing of the amplitude versus time data in Excel.

(The accelerometer pre-amplifier has a switchable gain allowing a maximum output voltage of +-5V via a BNC connector. The pre-amplifier anti-alias filter has a cut-off frequency of 100Hz.)

Regards

Adam
:P :P